EDUCAUSE 2014: Is Big Data There Yet?
Are today's BI tools mature enough to provide truly meaningful insights into student progress? What about retention and recruitment efforts?
- Cynthia Dooling, Interim Vice Chancellor, Pima County Community College District
- Raechelle Clemmons, Vice President and CIO, St. Norbert College
- Carl Grant, Associate Dean, Knowledge Services and CTO, University of Oklahoma Libraries
- There are many ways to measure student preparedness and performance; however, colleges and universities still struggle to make sense of those measurements.
- New tools are available to help administrators and faculty hone in on the data that provide better insights into student progress.
- Faculty and administrators cannot rely on data alone when it comes to fully understanding student motivation or performance.
To stay up to date on all of the news and ideas coming out of EDUCAUSE, follow EdTech's coverage on the EDUCAUSE 2014 conference hub.