Jul 03 2014
ISTE 2014: How Arts Integration Can Uplift STEM
Arts have a role to play in problem-solving, educators say.
- LeVar Burton, Co-founder of Reading Rainbow
- Jeff Charbonneau, Zillah High School educator
- Kevin Carroll, author
- Engaging students imaginations is key to problem solving, says LeVar Burton. And sparking that curiosity begins with a simple question: "What if?"
- The arts have every right to be a part of STEM education, because it's all about problem-solving, says Jeff Charbonneau
- Kevin Carroll likes to think of the A in STEAM not just as arts, but also activity. "STEAM then become emotion and inertia plus the arts," he says.