Oct 01 2014
EDUCAUSE 2014: Colleges Reaping Gains from the Cloud
The cloud offers higher education myriad ways to innovate, and save on the bottom line.
- Sue B. Workman, CIO, Case Western Reserve University
- Rick Matthews, Director of Academic and Instructional Technology, Wake Forest University
- Mike Chapple, Senior Director, Enterprise Support Services, Notre Dame University
- Cloud computing and cloud-based applications offer new opportunities for higher education institutions to save resources as well as time and space.
- Colleges and universities are shifting ERP and administrative functions to the cloud in addition to academic storage and classroom tools.
- SaaS, IaaS and PaaS are explored by many institutions adopting a cloud-first program. For those institutions, on-site options are built out only when cloud alternatives aren't viable.