Infrastructure Upgrades Empower Fast, Reliable Wi-Fi Coverage at Dallas Baptist
Today’s college students expect the same level of connectivity on campus that they experience at home, but the Wi-Fi at Dallas Baptist University left much to be desired. Officials determined the issue stemmed from the lack of a policy to allocate bandwidth equitably among students. At that point, the IT team tapped Aruba ClearPass, a network access manager, to throttle speeds for the highest users. It also upgraded the university’s switches and hardware to improve performance.
Read our feature article for more details on how the university reimagined its residential network connections.
- Dr. Matt Murrah, Vice President for IT, Dallas Baptist University
- William Gryder, Network Operations Director, Dallas Baptist University
- Jay Harley, Dean of Students and Spiritual Life, Dallas Baptist University
- IT leaders partnered with CDW to identify systems and tools that simplify network management.
- Infrastructure upgrades included the addition of an Aruba 7240 Wireless Controller and Juniper 10GB EX3300 switches.
- Prospective students now feel confident they’ll have fast, reliable wireless access from anywhere on campus.