ISTE 2014: How Big Data Can Be Used in K–12
Big data has big applications when it comes to education.
- Warren Dale, Learning Facilitator
- Andrew Swickheimer, Noblesville School
- Diane Doersch, Green Bay Area Public School District
- John Schuler, Osage Trail Middle School
- Big data is poised to fundamentally alter the way schools are organized, says Warren Dale.
- Being familiar with the legal fine print of cloud services is important, says Diane Doersch. Her district insists that cloud-based companies return data used at the end of their contract, and do not use the data for marketing purposes.
- John Schuler's school strategically purchased textbooks with online components because of the advanced problem-solving exercises digital content brings to the table.