Jun 29 2014
ISTE 2014: The Future Tech That Excites Educators
From augmented reality to QR codes and Minecraft, there's plenty of future tech to excite the next generations of students.
- Dewayne McClary, Arlington Public Schools
- Joel Handler, Hillsborough Board of Education
- Charlie Hinsch, Virginia Beach City Public Schools
- Kelly Sain, Boulder Valley School District
- Andrew Swickheimer, Noblesville School
- Diane Doersch, Green Bay Area Public School District
- Charlie Hinsch sees QR codes as a window into dynamic content for students that can be changed every day.
- Joel Handler envisions augmented reality as a supplement to classroom lessons by providing extra information in the margins of a lecture.
- The success of Minecraft proves that students can be engaged in logical building, says Kelly Sain. Translating that level of engagement into classroom learning is just a matter of finding the right tool.