Jul 03 2013
ISTE 2013: Building Technology into the Common Core Standards
Common Core is forcing students and teachers to adopt brand new technologies and tactics in the classroom.
- Dr. Ann Flynn, National School Boards Association
- Cameron Evans, Microsoft Education
- Monique Flickinger, Poudre School District
- Kevin Honeycutt, Kristina Holzweiss, Library Technologist
- Buzz Garwood, the technology teacher at Home Gardens Academy in Corona, Calif.
- Common Core Standards are designed to provide a "consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn" and should be "robust and relevant to the real world."
- Teachers are reevaluating their learning materials and adding technology elements to ensure they align with the Common Core.
- This is a chance for educators to embrace technology in the classroom.