CoSN 2017: K-12 Districts Work to Close Digital Divide
Creativity and teamwork help to ensure that every child has a level playing field in learning.
- Thomas Murray, Director of Innovation, Future Ready Schools
- Valerie Truesdale, Chief of Technology, Personalization and Engagement, Charlotte-Mecklenburg (N.C.) Schools
- Barbara Haeffner, Director of Curriculum and Instructional Technology, Meriden (Conn.) Public Schools
- Mike Sylofski, Managing Coordinator for E-Learning Services, Northeastern Regional Information Center
- Research shows that 5 million U.S. students lack connectivity at home.
- Extending 1:1 initiatives over the summer gives students more opportunities to continue digital skills development.
- Collaboration between schools and districts can help to bridge the gap.
Catch all of our coverage of CoSN 2017 by visiting EdTech’s conference landing page.