Mar 21 2014
CoSN 2014: Big Data's Big Impact on K-12
The possibilities of big data in the classroom present new challenges, and more capabilities, for school districts of all kinds.
- Paige Kowalski, Data Quality Campaign
- Ann Dunkin, Palo Alto (Calif.) Unified School District
- Jorge Fernandez, Miami-Dade County (Fla.) Public Schools
- Keith Krueger, CoSN
- Phil Emer, Friday Institute
- Data from assessments and instruction are posing new challenges, and presenting new opportunities, to districts large and small.
- Beyond data storage and security, IT should also ensure proper privacy standards are upheld by their districts and third-party vendors.