Oct 02 2014
EDUCAUSE 2014: IT's Role in Academic Research
The culture of research in isolation is shifting on R1 campuses, and IT teams are being tapped to play a larger, more collaborative role in research.
- Christopher Edwards, Assistant Vice President for eLearning Technology, University of Cincinnati
- Michele Norin, CIO, University of Arizona
- Heather Stewart, Associate Vice President for Global Technology, New York University
- Dikran Kassabian, Senior IT Director, ISC, University of Pennsylvania
- IT teams at RU/VH universities are shifting from service providers to partners, adding value to research in all disciplines.
- Researchers expect more from IT departments when it comes to central support.
- Funding agencies increasingly require long-term data preservation and storage technologies, in turn requiring greater IT integration in research planning.
To stay up to date on all of the news and ideas coming out of EDUCAUSE, followEdTech's coverage on the EDUCAUSE 2014 conference hub.