Oct 18 2012

How to Get Free Access to 112 Higher Education Grants

GetEdFunding is opening new doors for universities.

We talk a lot about how technology can help lower the cost of college, but that technology can be a significant investment. If you want to equip your campus with digital signage or increase bandwidth, you are looking at an expensive venture.

Luckily, there are a number of grants that can help universities acquire the funds they need to improve their technology on campus. The trouble is finding them! But CDW•G has solved that problem with the launch of GetEdFunding. The site, which only requires a free registration to use, is loaded with resources for institutions of higher education to find and apply for grants. While the site offers resources for K–12 school districts, a search for higher education grants returns 112 quality results. Here are three to check out — but make sure you register to gain access to all of these free resources:

Advanced Technological Education

This grant awards up to $5 million over a four-year period, with smaller awards available for schools that are training STEM students:

With an emphasis on two-year colleges, the Advanced Technological Education (ATE) program focuses on the education of technicians for the high-technology fields that drive the nation's economy.

America's Media Makers: Development Grants

As much as $75,000 is available for digital media projects, including “museum exhibitions, book and film discussion programs, or other formats that enhance the programs’ humanities content, engage audiences in new ways, and expand the distribution of programs.” Learn more here.

Higher Education Multicultural Scholars Program

The description says it all:

The purpose of the Higher Education Multicultural Scholars Program (MSP) is to provide scholarships to support recruiting, engaging, retaining, mentoring, and training committed, eligible multicultural scholars, resulting in either baccalaureate degrees within the food and agricultural sciences disciplines or the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.) degree.

Learn more about this and other grants at GetEdFunding.