CoSN 2015 How to Maintain K–12 Student Data Privacy
In a new era of educational technology and vendor partnerships, the importance of maintaining student data privacy continues to grow.
- Steven Langford, CIO, Beaverton School District
- Beatriz Arnillas, Director, IT-Educational Technology, Houston ISD
- Amy Wong, Director of Instructional Technology, Cupertino Union School District
- Including specific data privacy protections in vendor contract negotiations is a critical first step.
- As vendor relationships change or even end, districts must ensure provisions are made for continued data protection or destruction.
- Many states are introducing legislation that controls how student data should be handled by districts and other parties. New laws are enacted every day.
Learn more best practices from CoSN 2015 attendees by following EdTech's coverage here.