Telepresence technology allows users to connect with their contemporaries from miles away. Offices that are in different hemispheres are joined through a lifelike video conferencing experience. But, before choosing a technology, there are some factors to keep in mind.
Telepresence implementers share these tips for selecting a system that works best for your environment:
- Realize network upgrades may be necessary, especially for older infrastructure.
- Have ample bandwidth available.
- Think about whom else you want to connect to and what kind of interoperability you require.
- Seek high resolution of 1080 pixels at 30 frames per second or 720p at 60 frames per second.
- Consider a product from a provider that offers concierge service to manage meetings and ensure the endpoints remain connected.
- Evaluate the type of peripherals that are supported, such as high-definition document cameras, tablet PCs and video recorders.