Mar 17 2015
CoSN 2015 How Is the Common Core Driving Your School's Tech Needs?
Common Core standards play a large role in classroom technology planning, but they're not the only driver.
- Mike Jamerson, Director of Technology, Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation
- John Krouskoff, Manager of Emerging Technologies, Lower Hudson Regional Information Center
- Bill Bass, Innovation Coordinator, Technology Integration, Information and Library Media, Parkway School District
- Common Core and other next-generation educational standards are having a profound effect on how technology is integrated in today's K–12 classrooms.
- Many schools and districts are taking an approach that examines tech needs beyond the Core, to provide meaningful student-tech interactions regardless the testing standards implemented.
- Discerning how technology can best meet curricular needs in each classroom is the most important exercise.
Follow along with all of EdTech's CoSN 2015 coverage here.