Mar 06 2014
Building MUHSD’s Blueprint for “One-to-Web”
How did Merced Union High School District create a new Internet ecosystem for students? Find out in these interviews.
- Jorge Arteaga, Anthony Thomas and Scott Scambray of Merced Union High School District
- Anthony Johnson and Michael Solorzano of El Capitan High School
- Merced Union High School District wanted to create a “one-to-web” learning environment in all of its schools, beginning with El Capitan High School, which opened in August 2013.
- Dark fiber, Cisco switches and wireless access points, and Samsung Chromebooks gave MUHSD the infrastructure it needed to create the mobile-friendly learning environment at El Capitan that its leaders envisioned.
- District leaders are working to replicate these improvements in MUHSD’s remaining schools.
- Ongoing professional development will help all district teachers integrate technology into instruction.