If there's one lesson to be learned from a review of this year's top EdTech stories, it's that educators are looking for ways to navigate the increasingly complex technology landscape in classrooms.
There's a shift happening in the way districts prepare their teachers for the technological challenges ahead, resulting in an increased emphasis on professional learning. This shift couldn't have come at a more advantageous time, because professional learning was among the hottest topics at education conferences, such as ISTE 2015 and CoSN 2015.
What will 2016 hold for education technology? We don't know yet, but here's hoping it's a step forward for educators empowered with technology.
Thanks to all of our readers who continue to share and love our stories! Based on your clicks, tweets and searches, here are 2015’s top 10 most popular EdTech: Focus on K–12 stories:
- CoSN 2015: 10 Reasons Flipped Classrooms Could Change Education
- Why Texting Should Be Part of Teaching
- CoSN 2015: The Emerging Tech That's Transforming K–12's Horizon
- Learn the Ins and Outs of Google Classroom from an Expert
- Chromebooks + Google Apps for Education = Cloud-Friendly Classrooms
- How Twitter Can Power Your Professional Learning
- 7 Twitter Tips to Help Teachers Become Tweeting Pros
- Report: Is it Game Over for Gamification?
- Teen’s Silk-Powered Ebola Test Wins Google Science Fair
- What Should Come First, Training or Professional Development?