- What needs to be protected? Be comprehensive in your answer; list people, information, buildings and equipment.
- What are you protecting against? Is it hackers in China, mischievous students, thieves, terrorists or all of the above?
- What are your security vulnerabilities?
- Who is responsible for security?
- Do administrators support all security initiatives? Can you make a case for those that don't have support? If not, how will you adjust your security approach?
- What security policies are in place currently?
- Are they being enforced?
- What are the district's plans or procedures for standardization? backup? redundancy? authentication? encryption? passwords?
For more strategies to protect people, information and buildings, read Rest Secured.