- European voyages: http://www.kidinfo.com/American_History/Explorers.html
- Explorer research: http://edtech.kennesaw.edu/web/explorer.html
- Explorers: http://www.enchantedlearning.com/explorers/
- Mariners’ Museum: http://www.mariner.org/educationalad/ageofex/biographies.php
- Maps for plotting voyages: http://www.cdli.ca/CITE/explorer.htm
- Video content: http://www.unitedstreaming.com
- Scoring rubric and Student handout: http://www2.richland2.org/fle/Explorers.htm
To keep students from getting bogged down with the technical aspects of this project, many teachers display a timeline for completion and discuss where students are in the process before each work session.
Students will discover what it was like to travel with the early explorers as they navigated the unknown waters of the New World. Through traditional media center research, as well as online research, our fourth-grade students will produce a multimedia look at some early explorers and understand how these geographers of their time changed people’s view of the world.