ISTE 2013: BYOD Is Complicated but Schools Are Making It Work
Bring Your Own Device policies are complicated, but teachers and districts are doing their best and succeeding in the mobile transition.
- Dr. Ann Flynn, National School Boards Association
- Steve Young, Judson Independent School District
- Mark Benigni, Meriden Public Schools
- Robert Gravina, Poway Unified School District
- David Akridge, Mobile County Public Schools
- Mike Swanson, Kildeer Countryside School District 96
- Kevin Honeycutt, technology teacher at Home Gardens Academy in Corona, Calif.
- Many students are waiting for their schools to catch up to their mobile needs.
- Not all students have their own personal mobile device, but that doesn't mean BYOD can't work.
- Bandwidth is key to a successful BYOD program.