ISTE 2012: Schools Reach for the Cloud
- The new digital divide is really between those who have access to the Internet and those who don't.
- Internal clouds are critical to facilitating all of the resources that students are generating and accessing.
- Moving to the cloud reduces software and hardware requirements. With the cloud, if you have a browser, you can access an app in the cloud.
- Henry C. Thiele, chief technology officer for Maine Township High School;
- Cameron Evans, national technology officer for Microsoft Education
- John Williams, chief technology officer for Nashville Metropolitan Public Schools, Tenn.
- Ross Randall, director of information technology for Hattiesburg Public School District, Miss.
- Mark Washington, director of technology and media services for the Port Huron Area School District, Mich.;
- Sam Farsaii, director of instructional technology for the Irving Independent School District, Texas.