Oct 31 2013
A Look at Cuyahoga's Phased Network Refresh
A powerful network lays the foundation for enhanced classroom learning, multicampus wireless access and BYOD.
- Eric Primuth, CPA, Associate Professor of Accounting
- Gerard Hourigan, Vice President of Information Technology Services and CIO
- Dr. Michael Schoop, Metropolitan Campus President
- Peter Anderson, Manager, Network Services
- Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C) carefully planned and phased in its recent network upgrade.
- The network supports four campuses, two corporate colleges and other offices totaling 10 sites, which serve 50,000 students, faculty and administrators within Cuyahoga County and Cleveland, Ohio.
- In the last 24 months, Tri-C's IT department has seen mobile devices on campus increase by 25 percent per semester, spurring the need for a more a robust network.