University of Nebraska's Memorial Stadium Gets a High-Tech Makeover
When the University of Nebraska Athletics team decided to upgrade Memorial Stadium, they wanted to provide Cornhuskers fans with the ultimate connected stadium experience. Through help from Cisco and CDW, IT leaders installed 800 access points with the latest Wi-Fi technology and more than 700 televisions across the stadium, along with a new smartphone app that brings fans closer to the game.
Read our feature article on how the university takes fans to greater heights with a new Cisco network, StadiumVision, Stadium Connect Wi-Fi and sound system.
- Dan Floyd, Director of Information Technology, University of Nebraska Athletics
- Chad Chiesa, IT Operations Manager, University of Nebraska Athletics
- Kelly Mosier, Director of Digital Communications, University of Nebraska Athletics
- IT leaders worked with CDW and Cisco to build a high-density Wi-Fi environment in the historic stadium.
- New Cornhuskers app provides fans with streaming video content as well as on-demand replays.
- The upgraded network incorporates the latest Wi-Fi standard — 802.11ac.