ISTE 2016: How to Bridge the Homework Gap
ISTE attendees share best practices for getting Internet access to the students who need it most for at-home studies.
- Keith Krueger, CEO, CoSN
- Amy Passow, K–12 Business Development Manager, CDW•G
- Christine Jones, Coordinator of Educational Technology, Palmdale (Calif.) School District
- Jason Naile, Director of Instructional Technology and Media, Forsyth County (Ga.) Schools
- Jesse Place, Director of Technology, Manasquan (N.J.) School District
- Districts have found solutions to the homework gap by providing mobile hotspots with Wi-Fi on buses, seeking out Internet access through local businesses, and working with local governments to secure at-home access.
- Caching homework assignments onto a device is an interim solution when Wi-Fi isn’t available.
Learn more! Visit EdTech’s event coverage page for more news from ISTE 2016.